Wednesday

June 2004

We have met with our social worker several times now. (A couple meetings at Starbucks!!! Works for me!!!) She told us she just about had all the information she needed to complete the home study. I think she completely filled up an entire legal pad with information about us.

Was this good? Was it normal? Did this mean we were freaks?? So many questions went
through our minds.At our last meeting, she told us she was a little worried about the transition with the adoption and Adam. Adam??? Why would she be worried about him?? She thought he would slip out of the picture once the baby got here. Rob and I reminded her that he was VERY fourteen and right now he wanted NOTHING to do with his "uncool" family. She understood. She said she would try to have the home study done by the end of the following week. The end of that week came and no home study. We finally broke down and called her.

#1 bump in the road to adoption!! Apparently her computer had developed a terrible case of the ick and ATE out home study. She would have to start all over. I cried. This was not fair. We felt like this adoption was going no where. And we were powerless. We started to think it was never going to happen. I cried some more. I know many other couples have gone through this and I know we will get there eventually, but I could not help but sob like a baby. I would read the stories online and bawl my eyes out. Rob had no idea what to do. He tried. He brought me home flowers and chocolates and a toy for the baby. Mom saw I was upset and ordered something off my baby wishlist. I appreciate the efforts, but the only thing that
will make me feel better at this point is THE DANG HOME STUDY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment