Wednesday

May 2004 - Entry 1

We rec'd our welcome letter from CCAI!!! Woo hoo! But we are not "in" yet. Not until our reference letters come back from our friends (the people we listed on the application as our personal references). After coaching our friends a little, the packets were in and we were official, but less than a week before the orientation. Could we still go or would we have to wait another month???? (Freaked out slightly) Turned out we could go. We rec'd our first packet the day before the orientation. Not much time to go through and make a list of questions.

We went to orientation on the 8th. Boy oh boy was that interesting. They answered every question we had and many more we would have never thought to ask. They also asked us if we had sent off our I600A form that was in our packet. Oh my god. We didn't. We had just gotten the packet the day before!! Why didn't someone tell us this!! We were starting to think we had already screwed up the first thing for the adoption, but were told it was no big deal. By the end of the day, my eyes were the size of dinner plates. I was feeling extremely overwhelmed.

Rob was not worried. Huh???? Mr. Worry Wort himself???? It was weird. At the end of the meeting, the speaker says, "Congratulations, you are officially pregnant"!! (Rob's eyes now the size of dinner plates) Driving home, it was a matter of hearing the phrase "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god..." repeat over and over in my head. I don't know how Rob was feeling, but I sure was brain freaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment