Wednesday

September 2004

Well so many things have happened in the past few weeks. Our agency has been plugging away at our dossier looking for any potential mistakes. We don't want the Chinese government spitting this out for some stupid clerical error. That I don't think I could handle. We received a call from Andrea at CCAI on Thursday September 2nd saying our dossier looked "perfect" and that she would be turning it over to the translations department. She said it could take up to a week for the translation department to complete the translated summary and that we would receive and email when it leaves for China. Oh goody! No problem.

We left to go camping for the weekend on the 3rd. It turned out to be the weekend from Hades because of all the rain and snow, so we packed up and came home a day early. (I was tired of being a human popsicle!) I logged on to the internet on Sunday night and scanned down the 104 emails that were in my inbox. One caught my eye. It said "Congratulations" and it was from CCAI. My heart skipped a beat and I help my breath as I opened it. Our dossier was sent to China on FRIDAY!! Holy cow. What happened to a WEEK! (Not that I am complaining...but wow!) Rob was in the shower at the time. I barged in to the bathroom screaming "We're DTC! We're DTC!" Rob stared at me like I was completely nuts. He shrieked "What??????" Neither one of us could believe it. We printed out the email as proof. We are still in shock.

Now our clock starts. We start counting down to our baby. This is such a bizarre feeling. We are excited, nervous and anxious all at once. The part that has me worried the most is that awful 14-hour flight. I hate to fly. This is not going to be the height of our journey. Oh well, I have about six months to make myself crazy worrying about it. Plenty of time for therapy or a support group or something.
Now I get to focus on our travel lists. Yes, I have already started them. I even have them on an Excel spreadsheet all color-coded and everything. Anyone that knows me would expect no less...I am sure.

Here's to hopes and dreams that do actually come true! What an awesome feeling that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment